Billionaire developer reveals secrets to his never-be-satisfied, rags-to-riches life
John Catsimatidis says he’s never satisfied with success. “Every time I climb a mountain, I see another one I want to climb.”
By Mark Gordon
Keep it simple
- You can’t win if you’re too afraid of losing
- Know your products, your customers and your vendors better than they know themselves — and treat them all like family.
- Hire people who know more than you do, and inspire them to do their jobs.
- People do what you inspect, not what you expect.
- Mentors are hugely valuable — but take only the best from each of them.
- Always be seeking the next opportunity
- Own the real estate
- Great success comes with great effort — outwork everyone.
- Take reasonable risks — somewhere between reasonable and risky.
- The right time to negotiate is when the other person needs the deal.
- Seek allies in unexpected places, and dream up mutually beneficial ideas.
- Time is the most precious commodity — use every second purposefully.
- Failure is not an option — ever.
- Help others at every opportunity. You’ll benefit as much as they do.
- Dedicate everything to the people you love the most
- Have fun.